Furniture Specification & Interior Design Project Manager
It's not easy to design and build great spaces for people to work in. Time, money, value and employee satisfaction are key to the success of each project we undertake at Facility Planners. It’s a balancing act to deliver a completely custom solution for each client on time, within budget and all the while providing exceptional service. But that is what we do every day for each of our clients. We do this because we care. We care that it’s right. We care that it’s on time. We care that it’s what the client envisioned.
We are pleased to work with a wide variety of clients in healthcare, nonprofit, entertainment, education, and more. Our Project Managers are responsible for working with them and doing what it takes to manage the entire project, including:
- Communicating and collaborating directly with salesperson, client, designer, and vendors
- Preparing and maintaining base drawings, two-dimensional drawings, and isometric drawings
- Working with salesperson on info gathering, space planning, style and color recommendations, and overall project profitability
- Color coordination, including product literature and finish samples
- Entering furniture specs, furniture layouts, and quotations in worksheet, CAP, and Team Design formats
- Follow-up on pricing, order fulfillment, delivery dates, and other installation needs (such as electricians and movers) to ensure all are on track to be on time and within budget
- Supervising installation as needed
We also need our designers to be at their best, keeping up with the latest design ideas through:
- Participating once a month in industry groups such as IIDA, USGBC, and AIA
- Meeting annually with FPI manufacturers’ representatives to obtain current product information and training
- At FPI, we look for people who are who can wear many hats, take pride in a job well-done, and are excited to work and grow with us in the interior design field. For the Project Manager position we specifically look for:
- College degree in interior design, architectural drawing, general business, accounting and/ or communications
- Experience in the specification of commercial furniture, interior design, space planning or furniture sales
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2015, CAP2020, CET Design, Revit, Sketchup, TeamDesign and Microsoft Office
- Kimball Office background a plus
LOCATION & HOURS
We are located near Belmont and Vanderbilt in the heart of Hillsboro Village, Nashville, TN. Operating hours are 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. After hours and weekends may be required.
Send resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org with Project Manager in the subject.